5 Social Networking Tips for Business Success
Here are a few tips you need to consider when looking at the world of social networking for your business.
1. You need to have a presence on social media and the earlier you start the better off your business will be in the long term. Eleven million people in Australia have a facebook account and that does not include all of the other social networks out there. This is where people are and if you want to get in front of them you need to be where they are.
2. You need to know which social networking sites your target market is using and create business pages in those spaces. This is really important. Many businesses waste lots of time running social media spaces in networks that are not relevant to their target market. To get the most out of your online marketing strategies you must get this right.
3. Social media is not about broadcasting it is about engaging. It is a back and forward conversation you are having with your customer. Business often gets it wrong and uses social media as a place to sell and push their products and services. If you do this you may do more harm than good for your business so it is important that you know how to use social networking sites.
4. Content is everything. If you don’t have good, relevant content on your social media business spaces then you are wasting your time. You don’t always have to create your own content you can link and share to other content. The most important thing is that your content is relevant to your target market not just things you personally like.
5. You need to have a consistent presence on your social networking sites. Whether that is one post a day or one blog a week you need to commit to a plan. It can take some time to build your following but with consistent, quality content and branding you can build great relationships with your customers so they keep coming back.